Thursday, August 23, 2018

First you shape the building, then...

...the building shapes you.

First you shape the car, then the car shapes you.

First you design the interiors of your house, then the interiors of your house design you.

An obese interior design may turn you obese. A strong one may turn you strong. You get it, I hope.

To my understanding, the economics of real estate in India, and the desire, and the fetish for a certain kind of interior design in Indian houses are, in a huge way, responsible for the deteriorating health of a huge huge number of Indians. This blog is an effort to counter that.

This blog also chronicles my journey to become stronger by way of designing my personal space to become stronger. I will collect and present information that makes sense to me and that may be immensely useful for those willing to change their personal space to become stronger.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that would help that is having stairs (only) in the building.

    I also think strength should be only one dimension - because a house fulfills many functions and needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Strength is one of the dimensions. To me, in particular, it is the most defining dimension.

      Like a joint family helps in work-stacking, so does a space that allows for multiple desirable functions. Especially in the light of the economics of real estate here in Indian cities and the poorly constituted bodies.

      Delete